Lecrae "Rehab"-(review)

|

Lecrae's newest album is called "Rehab" and it has been out for awhile now,

and I absolutely love it! I've heard a lot of Lecrae songs, but this

is actually the first full album that i've purchased.


I've said it before, "I'm not a huge rap fan"…but man I love Lecrae/Flame/C-lite

and Jesus Disciple. You can just feel the Holy spirit igniting that fire

while they write their rhymes. The first song on the album is called "Check in"

and it's about checking into "Rehab" I.E surrendering all you are to

Christ(to put it in very simple terms) I love the beat and the lines


"I like the feel but HATE the taste of the product like the numb on your tongue

when you taste narcotics"


"I'm ready for Rehab just do what you gunna do"


The very next song is called "Killa" it's easy to see that the song is about

the temptation of sin, I thought it was very well produced. "Divine Intervention"

featuring J.R follows "Killa", and it also is a fantastic song I love the lines..


"ignorant that our decent lead to hell fire, and when I yell fire they tell me

"False alarm" because they don't smell the smoke and they don't sense the harm/

theres something worse then the black plagues comin/ and nothing under the

sun can save us from it. "


once again the very next song also stands out, it's softer but is a great song

called "Just like You"(Featuring J.Paul) really nothing else needs to be said about it, very good song. By the way this album, at least the version I got off Itunes,

has 17 songs, honestly not many albums now adays have more then 10.

A lot of the songs on "Rehab" are actually quite good, so it would probably

be faster if I just named the "Lack luster songs"…but I wont..


The next song that stood out to me was "Used to do it too"(Featuring KB)

I like the beat and overall flow to the song, by the way it's a nice song to listen

to while you are bombing through some powder on the mountain =)

just saying… probably my favorite line is..


"But I aint fix myself aint turn myself around, I gave it up and told the Lord He can

have it now"


the next song is called "Children of the Light" and it stood out to me because of

who it featured "Sonny Sandoval"(dude from P.O.D) but honestly for me

the song is disappointing and would be a song I'd file under "Lack-luster"


The very next song however just might be my favorite on the album, it's called

"High" and features Suzy Rock, very cool bass beat.. and rhymes enough said.


"i'm illuminated open up my eyes

now the Spirit showin me the Word is alive

i was so low, now i'm so high

regenerated mind telling me that i'm alive

and it's workin, i'm so certain

confident He created me for a purpose

somewhere in-between the jeans that yall jerkin

and them khakis that ganstas work-workin

no purpose sir so worthless

i catch re-real contact when i worship "


Im crank-cranked up like i'm poppin no dose

no dose, homie don't sleep

world full of them sheep with the sharp teeth

don't don't start me, on that lighter fluid


"40 Deep" is the next song that stands out to me first because

it features "Tedashii and Trip Lee" and also because the beat

is beast, absolutely love it.


"God is Enough" features Flame and Jai and really stands out to me

because of the chorus and Lecrae's rhymes for example..


You know you sick of lookin', you sick of chasin'

I think you know the truth, you just don't wanna face it

Your life is empty, though you havin' fun

You never satisfied, you never get enough

You go from thrill-seekin' to pill-poppin'

From heavy drinkin' to club-hoppin'

You just can't stop it, like you're a slave

And you chasin' nothin' all the way into the grave


The next song that stood out and the first song that I heard before I got the album is called "Background" featuring C-Lite, it's soft for sure…

but is absolutely relatable and makes me just nod my head through every line, my second favorite on the album.


overall "Rehab" is an amazing album from Lecrae..I can't compare

it to an older album of his because like I said this is my first full

album from him. Godly rhymes with killer beats..


5 out of 5








0 comments:

Post a Comment