Project 86 "Picket Fence Cartel"-Review

|

Project 86's Picket Fence Cartel is their latest album, and

what an amazing album it is.


The album opens up with the song "Destroyer" which is a top

favorite of mine from the album. A very Manson like song that

rocks on every level. lyrics are

fantastic through the whole song. Nothing else really

sounds like it off the album


The next song is called "The Butcher" and I must say

between the first two songs alone, this album has one of the best opening tracks to start an album off with that i've heard. "The Butcher" has a killer riff

and beat that if you don't fall in love with it after the first listen

something is wrong with you. A song that will so pump me up while

Snowboarding.


"The Spectacle of Fearsome Acts" follows and keeps the album

going strong, not much to say... but it's on the same level as the first two without

slow down..very cool.


"Dark Angel Dragnet" has a different feel then the first couple of songs,

but by no means is a bad song, it does have it's moments where it shines.


"Cold and Calculated" leans more on the hard punk style then the other songs

in my opinion but that isn't a bad thing at all, very cool guitar parts and

it really brings diversity into the album.


"Cement Shoes"

Is another favorite of mine has a cool opening to the song, a catchy melody

through the whole song, and the lyrics are great! really is a stand out

song at number six that livens up the a little more then half way through.


"A John Hancock With the Safety Off"

Kind of like what I said with "Cold and Calculated". As far as my opinion on it

goes.... It's not bad but it isn't great either, I dig the chorus though.


"Two Glass Eyes"

for me is probably the worst song off the album, I can see a-lot of people digging

it, I'm just really not feeling it.


"Cyclonus"

Thankfully brings the album back up after "two Glass Eyes" and this is actually a song where the rest of the song stands out more to me then the "chorus".

Through-out this album guitars are vibrant and catchy and this song

obviously isn't any different.


"The Black Brigade"

Love this song...vocals probably the major reason for that. Again just as the guitars

are vibrant and catchy through-out the album..I think Schwab has some

excellent moments in the album where he just shines.


"To Sand We Return"

It may be my favorite..but I can't decide, favorite off this album changes the

more I listen to the album. Half way through this song there Is a sweet

acoustic guitar solo and then when Schwab screams in with "Who do I belong to?"

just awesome...awesome song.


In the end this album has a good variety through-out and really shines

on many different levels. You'll hear some influence from bands like

Manson/Tool ect...

This is just a stand-out album that any fan of Project 86 should already have,

and if you haven't heard of Project 86... just go pick this up it's their best album. This album is in heavy rotation on my Ipod..

0 comments:

Post a Comment