Children 18:3 "Rain's 'A Comin' "-Review

|

Children 18:3's new album " Rain's a Comin' " brings the popish punk rock,

and a decent amount of diversity through-out the whole album.


The album starts with "Ran's a Comin' " as the intro which is short at 1:40

but is a great kick-off and a good intro into a stand out song called

"Cover your eyes".


"Cover your eyes" is the first song I heard, and needless to say was my

main reason for purchasing the album. The song is catchy and I can't

stop listening to it.


"The Cruel One" follows and continues with the same pace as the first couple

of songs. In fact the first three songs off this album melt together perfectly,

and would be songs I would definitely have in rotation no matter where they

were placed on the album.


skipping "whispering" (which is just an interlude)

The next song is "Hey Driftwood"

which takes a different pace then the first three songs,

"Hey Driftwood" has it's moments

but just like the next song "Oh, Bravo" the song just doesn't stand out to

me as anything special. Both of the songs in my opinion are just fillers..

and I don't like either of them any more or less then the other.


"Oh, Honestly" stands out to me because it is a totally different vibe then

anything else you will find on the album. the acoustic and melody are

inviting and gives the album a different feeling.


"Wonder I" is well orchestrated and although softer then what I loved about

songs like "Cover your eyes" or "The Cruel one" overall the song has a good

flow to it and the vocals are more dominated by Lee Marie then the lead singer

David.


"Stronger" picks it back up and I can't help getting like an "80's" vibe with Lee

Marie's vocals in this song (I'm not sure why). "Stronger" is a solid song


"Jack 'O' Latern Dreams" follows as the tenth song which is on the shorter

side but I can't really complain about it being short as it's another song

that doesn't draw me in.


HOWEVER "Lost So Long" which is the final song, (unless you want to count

"The Last Laugh" which is just some Piano playing)

"Lost So Long" is my favorite song on the whole album... it's not short and sweet

either, like the other favorites of mine.

"Lost So Long" is exactly what I want to

hear from Children 18:3, a great vibe...catchy chorus/lyrics and an addicting beat.

I just feel Davd and Lee Marie and Seth all really shined through this

song, and wish the album would have been full of moments like this song.


In the end..the latest from Children 18:3 I feel somewhat conflicted about,

the and has a lot of talent that is a no brainer, my problem is with how

very short the album feels. While I want to lean to calling the album

just average, I really can't do that because I like a majority of the songs,

and I like the range of the songs. I figured I'd just get a standard punkish

album where there wouldn't be a lot of difference in the style of the songs,

but like I said there is diversity in this album.

I'm going to give this album 3 1/2 out of 5...It's leaning towards great

but I wouldn't call it a must buy.



0 comments:

Post a Comment