The Wedding "Polarity"-Review

|

The Wedding is not a sound that is shockingly new, they got that

pop/punk flavor down to a T. The lyrics are great in many songs from

the album "Polarity" some of which isn't exactly what I would call

original or something you haven't heard before, but good none

the less.


"Polarity" opens up with "The Call" which isn't really a song per-say

as it is just 48 seconds of trumpet playing which perfectly leads into

the first real song which is "Say Your Prayers"


I absolutely love this song, and it is actually the first song

that I heard from The Wedding and it is what got me interested

in the band. I love the lyrics and the meaning behind the song,

which isn't hard to figure out what the song is talking about.

I also must say there is actually quite a few songs where I get this

"Fall out-boy" kind of vibe, and this song would be a major one.

The lead singer is amazing for The Wedding, he obviously

stands out as he has major range. He can scream(which isn't

a lot, it isn't a screamo band) He can sing(hi-low doesn't matter)

and he can have that forceful punk style? I don't know the guy just

flat out rocks..


The next song is called I'll Sleep When I'm Dead..

It opens up with some bag-pipes and then quickly

some wicked guitars. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead is

a straight up Punk song...that picks up the pace after the first song,

good song.


Next is a song called Staring at the Light, and really has a catchy tune

and chorus a great start to the album that should hold your interest

with the first three songs.


This One is for You introduces a Piano and goes a little softer,

but probably not as soft as you think. The song is really only worth listening

to for the lead singers range through this one song, I'm not really feeling

the chorus or the song in general but it does have it's moments.


Next song called I-540 opens with a beautiful piano peace,

and goes as soft as soft can go I suppose. Probably the softest song

along with Revelation, it's not a bad song though but obviously

doesn't rock your face off or anything.


It's Time to Rock, OK? comes up next and the album again picks up

with a pop punk vibe, very cool song to listen to while hitting

the slopes I might add =)


Next is a song called Rebound and really it's just and OK song, nothing

really stands out as amazing, it's catchy in some spots and throws in some screams which is a plus in my book, but is nothing to write home about.


Schizophrenia and it is my second favorite song on the album...

it hits on all levels with me, lyrically it may not be all that

original but I think it very much stands out on this album.

I would say if you don't like this song, you probably won't like

The Wedding at all..


The Last Stand(Wake the Regiment 2) brings the punk and it just has

a great beat and overall feeling to the whole song

( kind of has a Hawk Nelson feel) a good song once again,

I just love:


"and I can't wait to get to heaven,

but I'm pretty sure i've already been to hell,

and it's the love hate part of it

a captain goes down with his ship"


Misery Love Company comes up next, and I must say most of these

songs have really grown on me after listening to this album for a year or more.

Misery Loves Company has just grown on me this past week,

and I think it has great range with the guitars blaring and

the lead singer shines again here showing he can sing

in many different ways.


So now we come to the eleventh song if you don't count

the opening song, and this is where the album really drops

off for me. Besides the couple slow songs I mentioned, they

really end the album poorly in my opinion...


Southside is not that slow at all but it really has nothing that

I like about it until around 2:25 but even thats not worth

listening to.


Revelation is really slow, and don't get me arong I don't have a problem

with slow songs, just I want them to be really good if your going

to slow it down make it worth it. Then the last song "Fireworks"

is really not a way you should end the album, you would think

you would want to end in a bang, well "Fireworks" doesn't do that whatsoever.


In the End I would say there is a lot of potential with The Wedding,

they have one hell of a lead singer, and I can't deny that.

There is a good amount to like about "Polarity" and I'd

give it a 2 1/2 out of 5




The Wedding - Say Your Prayers


0 comments:

Post a Comment