Flame "Our World:Fallen"-Review

|

I'm not a huge fan of Rap
but I stumbled across Flame
and his music about a year and a half ago,
and ended up picking up his album
"Our World:Fallen" which was released
back in 07. I have to say that I love this album..

Lyrically Flame is amazing it's all about God/Struggle
and This World being Fallen. The album
opens up with "Our World Fallen" which speaks nothing
but truth, and gives you a little peak for what you're in for
with this album.

Next comes "Where God Placed you" and
is a pretty good song, and actually reminds
me of Nelly(yes I know who Nelly is)

Next comes "Shinin" featuring Tedashii
and I absolutely love this song from the beat
to the rhyme. You can't go wrong with putting out
a song with Flame and Tedashii and I love this
hook
"Okay... you want to know the whole way?
Let me tell you what His word say
Lived the perfect life
Paid the purchase price
Gave up His life
Then he rose on the third day... okay
We born in this world into sin and
As soon as we step in it's really a problem
And what are we goin' do about this issue
And who is the one that can solve it
If sin is the cancer
And we need to answer
And we need to know what the cure is
The cure is the blood of Jesus
He's the one that can free us
He sure is
Yes... now that's the reason we gleam
The reason we rap, we sing, because Jesus is King
Yes... from internal to external like a hard drive
Cause I was saved like data the day the Lord died
"

Next song is called "Myspace" which is a softer song,
and features "Diamone". Which is about the darker
side to things like myspace and it's ok for what it is,
but not a song that's played much on my ipod.

Next comes "Goodness to Repentance"
and this is actually the first song I heard from the album,
the flow to this song is awesome, and this is Flame at
his best. It's obviously about God's goodness
and how through Gods grace and love we should
be led to repentance, for me a must have song PERIOD.

"Call Him" is another stand-out song on this album,
it picks up the beat and simply runs with it through
the whole song, great song.

"When you Step" features Da Truth and while
there is really nothing to the chorus, I still like this song
and don't think it's worth skipping.

"World View" has a great flow, and I love how it
jumps into different musical styles as he raps through
different parts of the world. Indeed another stand-out

"Bad Ain't Good" features Trubble
and slows it down but not as much as "Myspace"
yet another great song on many different levels.

The next two songs "We appologize" and
"Desires in Conflict" are for me the weaker songs
on the album. Don't get me wrong, lyrically they
both have something to offer and are not cheesy at all,
i'm just not feeling them.

"Heart Stops" picks it up once again and is yet another
song that I love. The chorus is cool, and the beat rocks,
I also love this hook
"It’s mankind steady dying walking apart from grace

The unseen is sin its circulating like cancer cells

You selling work Christ the Savior
Come through and cancel your sale

He’s calling men to repent just dirty answer your cell

And He can cancel convicted felon from satan’s jail

Since Adam sinned this fallen world
We’ve entered and fell

And broken God’s laws now all sentenced to Hell

But you want them spinning rims

Spinning on them big wheels big thrills

Plus you want you five chicks like 5th wheel

I be on the Christian life

You be on that Kryptonite

Where you gonna be if you and your peeps happen to slip tonight

That’s why you see Christians right

Gospel raps and Gospel hymns

You can learn a lesson paying attention to them revolving rims"

The final song is called "Goodbye" featuring J.R
I kinda dig the classical guitar rif beat, the song
is on the softer side but tells one hell of a story.

In closing Our World Fallen has an interesting story through
the songs that is being told which continues with
Flame's latest album which is called Our World Redeemed.
For me not being much of a fan of rap and giving this
a 4 out of 5 says a lot...(at least I think so)

0 comments:

Post a Comment