Decyfer Down Crash-Review

|

Decyfer Down's Crash is their second album and first album with

new Lead singer Tj Harris. Released May of last year, some

may have been a little worried with a new lead singer. I think

Tj obviously brings a different style to the bands sound,

and it is welcomed. Not that there was a problem with

the former Lead singer (Caleb), just that if you

have to replace Caleb, picking TJ Harris

was a good choice.


Compared to their first album I would say Crash

is by far better in all areas.

Crash has more of a diverse

flow, and more stand-out songs then End of Grey did.

Crash is worth checking out for the first four

songs.


I say it time after time but I find it very important

that a band opens up with a stellar song to hook you in,

and Decyfer Down does just that. The Opening song

for the album(Fitting enough) is Crash and it

is that Decyfer Down sound that has made them popular,

much like "Fight Like this" from their first album, not much

to say except Awesome.


The next song on the album is Desperate,

and it is my favorite song on the whole album.

Lyrically and musically has a very

addicting beat "I desperately want you,

I desperately need you, I need a love that stands true

I desperately want you"


Next comes another stand-out song in "Fading"

a song that screams out in needing a savior,

and struggling in our failures. this song rocks

on many different levels, and it does seem to

borrow a lot from the band RED


"Best I can" Is the fourth song and here Decyfer Down

shows that they still can Rock even when they slow it down.

The song is about living the best you can, realizing that

we all struggle/fail and none of us are perfect...

that it's not about how many times we fall

but how many times we get back up that

defines us.


The fifth song is called "Ride with me"

and Decyfer turns it back up a notch

with a kind of "Saliva" like southern rock

sound. it's pretty catchy for what it is

and brings diversity to the album.


The sixth song is called "Wasting Away"

and at times has this 80's rock sound with the guitars,

but other then that there is not a lot of difference

in this song with other Decyfer Down songs.


Next comes "Over My Head" which kind of opens up

like "Fight like this" from last album, and overall

lyrically has the same theme of not backing down

and keep fighting. Again not a lot of difference in

this song to other Decyfer Down songs or just

other artists in general.


"Moving on" is the eighth song and it has it's moments.

The chorus is nothing that hasn't been heard before,

(probably hear several songs like this on Air 1 in an hour)

but I would consider this song better then the

last three songs at least.


The next couple of songs follow the same kind of tempo,

as in they are not really stand-out songs(to me).

When I first listened to this album (and I got it around release

of last year) I really only enjoyed the first four songs,

Ride with me and over my head kind of grew on me

but again they are nothing really that spectacular.

In the end I very much enjoyed Crash more so then

their first album, and it seems that they have grown

quite a bit with this release. Overall though I'd have to

give the album a 3 1/2 out of 5

0 comments:

Post a Comment