"Baptized in Filth"-Review

|



Impending Doom's new album is called:
"Baptized in Filth" the first single for this album that was released before the album was even released was called "For the Wicked" this gave you a small taste of the upcoming album, and it was and is a favorite of mine off the album.

Now that the album is out the single that is being pushed and the first music video for the album is called "Murderer" ironically it is the very first song you hear when you start this album up.

"Murderer"
kicks this album off into high gear and opens with  what sounds like fading-in of distorted effects, then you are hit with an assault of guitars…so far awesome, I would expect nothing less from Impending Doom. Who by the way can't resist screaming and growling along with Brook when he is screaming; 

"I am a Murderer…
WASH ME CLEAN!"
Awesome lyrics too with;
We have to realize
a reality beyond our eyes
In an unseen world
the anti christ is gonna rise and we'll
have to realize
A reality beyond our eyes
in an unseen world
the anti christ will fall!
That's Impending Doom at it's core, I mean duh..hence the name "Impending Doom".

"For the Wicked"
is the next track, and as I've already hinted at it is great. It definitely continues the heaviness of the album opening with a scream of "THE MARK OF THE BEAST!" the lyrics are powerful and are quick to stick in your mind, at least for me they were. it's catchy with it's chugging guitars and biblical lyrics. I think my favorite part lyrically besides screams of "No PEACE! FOR THE WICKED!" would be the opening where Brook screams
"Anti-Christian, Un-American
you pledge your allegiance to the fallen
failure in the flesh, crawling to your grave
Hopeless and Godless eternally you lay"
If that doesn't smack some people in the face I don't know what will.

"Chaos Reborn"
Not exactly a favorite but once the first verse kick in the guitars have this awesome rhythm that totally holds my attention at least until the pre chorus. This song is one of those songs where I dig the verse's but when it comes to the pre-chorus and chorus itself it just seems to drop off in my opinion.

"Deceiver"
This song is so awesome period.. I can just leave it at that. The opening is epic and the lyrics do nothing but pump me up it's definitely a favorite, actually it is my favorite heavy song on the album (only one real song on the album you could say is not so heavy, ill get to that)

"This is the last time you'll see my face
And the last you hear my voice
Your words are weak and pathetic and
when you speak I can see you're desperate 
for attention you won't get!

The filth you speak comes straight from hell
your walls are weak and I can tell!"

"Falling Away"
In my opinion this is the worst song on the album,
nothing I can really say I like about it, if I had to choose I guess I would say at about 2:05 to 2:20 very cool guitar wise, but that's pretty much the only positive I can give it.

"Absolute Horror"
Has a very cool  eerie sound turning into some awesome heaviness but it's just a short kind of melody with some lyrics at the end of it. 

"This is the sound of absolute horror
This is the sight of the world burning
This is the sound of absolute horror
This is the sight of the world burning down!"

"Angry Letters to God"
Love the verses in this song and my favorite part is at about 52 seconds where it turns into the pre chorus/chorus the  progression into the chorus is freaking sweet.

"Where your going theres no fame no glory
bashing everything I believe
I don't need another reason
I'll say my peace and I'm done with you!"

"Baptized in Filth"
The title of the album and also a good song on the album. This song has so many catchy riffs and moments that make it stand out along with the lyrics in general.
it's another favorite off the album of mine.

"My Light Unseen(Featuring Ryan Clark)"
Ryan Clark..from my favorite band Demon Hunter,
do you really think I could hate this? This song is the softest song on the album..not that it is exactly soft..
and to be honest it's more Ryan Clark singing through the whole song then it is Brook, brook does the backup screams in the chorus and thats about it. So it is almost strange calling this my favorite song on the new Impending Doom record when it is Ryan Clark that makes it AWESOME, but it is what it is, and it's a beautiful song.

I suffer through this path
I waited for the hope within this black
My heart's a dead machine
Every sin will stain my soul
Thank God to wash me clean

My Light unseen
(Somebody help!)

Break my fall, now carry me
(Somebody Help!)

My light unseen
(Somebody help!)

I'm so unclean…
(Somebody help!)

"Death. Ascension. Resurrection."
"Who do you say I am?
I am Alpha/Omega
Beginning and End"
That's the opening to this song in front of chugging guitars and pounding drums. This is a great closing song to the album, and the end is probably my favorite as brook keeps screaming DEATH.ASCENSION.RESURRECTION.

Overall "Baptized in Filth" by Impending Doom doesn't exactly blow their last album out of the water, I would say that it is a little bit better though. That's not bad either because I loved "There will be Violence". "Baptized in Filth" is pretty well constructed and doesn't have to much that I don't like, just literally a couple songs are mediocre and the rest is generally really good. I'd give "Baptized in Filth" a solid 4 out of 5

0 comments:

Post a Comment