APFP "The Marriage between Heaven and Hell"-Review

|

A Plea for Purging's latest album "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell" is a mixed bag for me, I totally dig some songs but other songs are just "meh" more of the same. You can pretty much tell where the album is going to go
with listening to the first song which is "The Eternal Female"

I am the reaper.
I will be the demise of your reign.
I am the dark shadow where you hide.
Self-righteous fascist, you chase the sun.
Glory belongs to no man. Crooked church, you sell the Son.
Thieves deserve to have no hands.
Our Prisons were built with the stones of law.
Whore houses are built with the bricks of religion.

Oh man of God from which was your stone.
I've stayed quiet for far too long.
Cause I've typecast myself to censor what I can say.
I'm so sick of this, sick of what's going on.
Now I'm putting to an end of my silence.
Your god's not real. This is the end of my silence.
The wolf provides for his own but God provides for the lion.
I am the lion, you are the wolf. You can run but I will find you. I am the reaper.

The album can be summed up as an attack on wolves in sheep's clothing, an attack on the lukewarm and false prophets. Some of the songs lyrically speaking are well constructed while others are pretty much more of the same as I said that's pretty much the whole album in a nut shell.

A plea for purging besides a few songs really don't stray away from their meshuggah roots(A band they freely admit they sound like)
The first single from the album is called "shiver" and it was my reason for buying the record, the music video and just the song in general are great. "
Shiver" is the third track on the album and it will surely stand out from the first two tracks. I think the next stand out track and a song that is different for A plea for Purging because it adds "Clean Vocals" much like a typical Devil Wears Prada song, the song is the 5th on the album and it is called "The Fall"

"The Fall" is catchy with the clean vocals and is a favorite of mine on the album.
right after "The Fall" comes "and Weep" which ramps up the attack on the false prophets/wolves in Sheep's clothing, another track that stands out for me.
"Finite" stands out for the same reason "The Fall" does I'm not your priest. I'm not your prophet. Open your eyes and see. I'm not a saint. I'm not a god. Don't put your faith in me. awesome lyrics and meaning behind the song as well.

"The Jealous Wings" is very different as it is a ballad(Think Demon Hunter) and to my knowledge not something A Plea of Purging is use to doing. For the record it works, and it is a well constructed song.
The last song on the record is called "The New Born Wonder" and is a decent send off. As with most reviews I've read this is A plea of Purging at their best, it's not drastically different, But I do indeed enjoy a fair amount of the album I wouldn't call it a "Must have album" but it has it's moments.
3 out of 5



0 comments:

Post a Comment